Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Gift of Cuento

1.  I liked how Cofer compared herself to Cinderella because I feel that every teenage girl is waiting for that “prince” to save them and live happily ever after with them.  I like how her uncle then said that you necessarily don’t need a prince to have fun.  Like in her other essay “Taking the Macho,” us women think we need a man to have fun.  But in this essay Cofer and her Uncle show to just enjoy life in the moment because you never know where it can take you.  
3.  I found how Cofer’s Uncle impacted her life interesting from a writer’s point of view because he influenced her into the kind of writer she is today.  His lifestyle was something she wanted and most of all his acceptance.  When she expressed how he finally accepted her in the end of her essay it really made me feel for Cofer.  She was Her writing made him satisfied at the end of his life and she did a lot for him with out of knowing it.    
5.  Nothing in this essay really bored me.  I found each story that the Uncle told was very interesting.  It was nice to see what an impact her made on Cofer’s life.  She was intrigued by his lifestyle and wanted his approval.  And she got that at the end of her essay when her Uncle told her that her stories gave her pleasure.  Cofer took this that he accepted “her gift of words.” 

2 comments:

Molly said...

I really enjoyed your evaluations. I completely agree with what you said about teenage girls waiting for their princes to come and save them. I think almost all girls can relate to that feeling. The only thing I think may make your evaluation more effective would be if you related them back to yourself. How the affected you, what you learned from them, etc. Really good job!

clariceariel said...

hey kelly :)
I agree with you about her comparing herself to Cinderella I really liked that too cause it made me feel like she was talking about a fairytale instead of memoir just make you you write why your writing this response I had the same issue with that also, but other than that i really enjoyed it :)